It has been many moons since my last blog post. My goal was to keep up with this blog frequently to share my journey to better health. I guess my silence here displays what happens when a stressful situation can overwhelm a person. I decided to quit my new job and even after being at home for several weeks, it has only been until now after having started my new new job for over a month that I have been able to write again. To be honest, I’m not sure how often I can blog but I can’t help but share a yummy recipe with my friends 🙂
Spinach & Goat Cheese Spaghetti Squash
1 medium spaghetti squash
6 slices bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
1 7-oz bag baby spinach
4-oz soft goat cheese
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp maple syrup
salt and ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Poke holes in spaghetti squash using knife. Place in oven for about 1 hour to 1 and a half hours, until soft and cuts open easily.
2. Cut 6 slices of bacon in 1-inch pieces and fry until crispy. Leave bacon and grease in pan.
3. Add 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar while stirring and scraping the bottom of the skillet. This will deglaze your pan, so that all of the caramelized bits of bacon end up in your food and not stuck to the bottom of your pan. Add 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
4. Add spinach one handful at a time cooking it until it wilts and then add more.
5. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds from the spaghetti squash. Use a fork to pull the strands apart and add to the mixture in the skillet.
6. Add the goat cheese and toss everything together.
In hind sight, I think I forgot to season with salt and pepper. Oh well, it was still delicious! This turned out to be my favorite spaghetti squash recipe so far! It was sweet and salty. I could eat it all day long if I could! Hope you enjoy!